Friday, December 30, 2011

A little outdoor decor

 Have you tried making outdoor paint for your kids yet?  We gave it a try not to long ago and it was a hit.  It was also nice that their dad could come home to a nice mural too.  I sort of wanted to freak him out.  ....not THAT is love.  :)
 We started on the ground, then I thought our garage door looked like a blank canvas for them.
 And on and on we went. The recipe came from Ohdeedoe.  If you would like step by step pics, she has some amazing ones.  The recipe is just:
2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
2 Tablespoons Water
5 Drops of Food Coloring
Do you think it is enough to scare Justin?  Well, it's not.  Justin knew there was no way I would let our kids permanently paint on our garage....."every party needs a pooper, that's why we invited you, Party Pooper."  Hopefully I'm not the only one that knows this song.  haha
Anyway, I did have some neighbors call me later that day (and the next) and tell me that they loved it.  As for clean up??  I just took a hose to it.  Even after sitting for a few days, the whole thing came off in about 20 seconds.  Happy painting!

No comments: